ב"ה

Menachem Tzion Synagogue

The Menachem Tzion Synagogue was originally built in the Middle Ages.

Rabbi Avraham Yeshaya Hurwitz (the SheLaH HaKadosh, 1565-1630) officiated here.

This congregation was one of the first to be reestablished in the community after 1967, when there were still gaping holes from the wars in the front of the entrance. The beautiful eighteenth century ark was brought from Italy and the furnishing in the men’s section came from the synagogue of Rabbi Samson Raphael Hirsch (1808-1888) in Germany.